Retired Coach W.D. “Papa Bear” Strickland received some of the grass at Bear Stadium as the natural playing surface is being removed to make way for the installation of artificial turf. Strickland helped plant the grass and was the first curator of the original Bear Stadium turf. As head football coach and athletic director, he spent lots of Thursday nights before games mowing it with just a Snapper. The community thanks him for his dedication.
- Search for Brantley County man in Satilla ends tragically
- Martins prove ‘quickie courtship’ can work out when it’s true love
- Mayor Grissom will not run again
- William David DeLoach
- Pierce County Schools prepare for students to return August 4
- Keith Brooks to run for Mayor
- David Walter Voss
- Bobby Wayne Courson
- Patterson’s Christmas in July draws large crowd
- Stephen D. Courson
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.