New fiberglass “Bear Fever” bears have arrived at Pierce County High School and Blackshear Elementary. Better Hometown/Main Street program approved the purchase of four fiberglass bears earlier this year that will be installed in prominent locations around town. In addition to the schools, one of the bears will be placed at Blackshear City Park. The bears stand 4-6 feet tall, depending on the pose, and are being painted by Lee Mobley, the artist responsible for painting for several murals around the downtown area. Area businesses and organizations can also buy their very own bear to show their Pierce County Bear Pride. BHT is selling the bears for $2,500 each. That price includes painting and installation. Buyers can choose their artwork, but it must be approved by the BHT board. One of BHT’s approved painters will have to do the work.
- Former Farmer of the Year, Tommy Thornton, dies at 71
- Blackshear woman dies after being hit by train Sunday
- Dixon, Bennett serve in interim roles in Patt’son
- Russell Christopher ‘Differ’ Leggett Jr.
- All Pierce County schools accredited
- Horseshoe Road Yard Sale going strong 19 years later
- Early reclassification information released by GHSA has PCHS moving down to AA
- Terry L. Wright, TMC (SS)
- Georgia Dept. of Labor commissioner’s good deed hard to swallow
- Jackie Elaine Walker Jenkins
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.